Copyright Mikayla Straub. Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

...and now you're reading about Kaela!

I live in the same town where I was born, and have lived here all my life. I don't ever want to live anywhere else.

I have a 5 year old son who has high-functioning autism. To me, this doesn't mean our family is less. I see it this way: my bear has a learning disability, so I just need to work twice as hard to teach him and figure out exactly the best methods with which to do so.

I am married to my middle school sweetheart. It was a bumpy ride, but we are rolling along smoothly now!

I love eating, so I eat a lot. My sweet tooth is the prevalent one. Though I enjoy vegetables on their own merit, I am - by no means - a vegetarian.

I am a crafter, a photographer, a singer, a writer, a designer, and a baker. I basically love to create everything, and if I could create for the rest of my life I would be so okay with that.

I love my family. I serve them the best I can daily.

I am opinionated, but I can be reasoned with and debated with. I am the first person willing to admit wrongdoing or wrong-thinking, but I have to be shown reasonably that I am so. I don't take it lying down - so if I'm wrong, someone better be really on top of it to tell me so and give me concrete evidence. (I'm not stubborn... just really... well... proud sometimes...)

Mostly, most importantly, I love Jesus. If there's one thing I want anyone to read here it's that I love Jesus, my Savior, my God, the One who came to seek and save the lost (like me!). If there's anything anyone reads here, I want it to be how GOOD He is, and how much He loves not just me, but you! Because He does... He loves us so much that He died for us. So I choose to love Him back and be called according to His purpose... because it's so much better than my own!